Friday, January 14, 2022

Emma Lynden - The Holiday Plan

Sweet Romance

Valentine's Day 

I’ve just curled up on the sofa, reading The Holiday Plan, the sweetest romance novel, from debut Harpeth Road Press author, Emma Lynden. And when I say sweet, I mean this Valentine’s Day-set love story gave me all the feels of joy, warmth and happiness.

Verona – Roni – Scott has been hurt by love in the past. She plans everything in life, including a plan to escape the February holiday and overcome her writer’s block by indulging in a week- long, five-star hotel stay. The Adirondack mountain resort, the Courtington Castle Hotel (yes, a castle-based romance) holds lasting memories of her late Aunt Theoni for Roni, as they visited there when she was a child. Surely, it’s the perfect place to concentrate on reviving her … writing?

Single Dad Troy Turner has been surrounded by love all his life, thanks to his parents, and his own, marriage. But after the death of his wife he took their shared dream of building a matchmaking business and, over the last four years, has become the successful coach for people looking for love. As he prepares for the biggest social event of his professional calendar, the only heart he is focussed on is that of his six year old daughter.

There are some stunningly beautiful moments in the happy-ever-after story, handled with much love from Lynden. My heart easily followed this slow burn romance between Verona and Troy, lightening with each magical moment they shared together.

I'm lucky enough to be a part of The Harpeth Road volunteer book reviewer team - come on, the company works out of Nashville, Tennessee; of course I was going to be intrigued.  I read an ARC of The Holiday Plan, and I was a little unsure at first - was this Valentine's Day story going to be too sugary sweet? I'm happy to report it really is not; I was won over by Lynden's storytelling and wonderful characters.  My heart lifted at all the right spots. I 
already can’t wait to read more sweet romance stories from Emma Lynden! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Holly Bourne - The Yearbook

  YA Book Review  Holly Bourne - The Yearbook  Age 14+   About the book: Finding your voice. Speaking the truth. Falling in love. All the bi...