Sunday, January 9, 2022

Lucy Mitchell - Instructions For Falling In Love Again

Feel-good Fiction

Trigger: grief 



Oh, excuse me; I didn’t see you reading there, what with the wracking, happy sobs that Lucy Mitchell’s Instructions for Falling In Love Again has just put me through.  Oh, it’s ever such an unputdownable book of heartache and heartmake.  My family should know; they’ve had to fend for their own lunch and laundry whilst I binge-read the story of Pip and Mikey and Dan…there go the sobs again.

Emma and Mel and Helen and the four children in the story were wonderfully distracting secondary characters, too.  I confess that I’ve had this second-chance-at-love novel on my TBR list for almost a year.  And I’m already keen to wonder what’s happened to the characters since Lucy last wrote The End. 

I loved the dual POV from the two central characters, with well-timed instructions from the third (as an old friend in each of Pip’s and Mikey’s chapters).  And the duck-egg, and the cakes (who may not have had a voice, but had something to say). 

Anyway, what are you still reading my five star review of Lucy Mitchell’s heartwrenching and heartwarming novel for?  Go read it yourself, immediately.  Go on.  You’ll thank Lucy for her story, too.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Holly Bourne - The Yearbook

  YA Book Review  Holly Bourne - The Yearbook  Age 14+   About the book: Finding your voice. Speaking the truth. Falling in love. All the bi...